W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Black Satin Paint Source US

(1/5) > >>

Tom in seattle:
There have been many discussions regarding the use of a satin black paint for the trunk area and undercarriage.  But I have not found a source for rattle can paint.  Can you help me find some?

specracer:
Just a normal rattle can? I bought a few satin black Rustoleum cans recently. Have also bought a quart can, and used it in spray gun for chassis parts for a different project (non SL related), both with good results. Lastly I actually brushed the floor of the SL with satin Rustoleum (from the quart can). It was just under the mat, for some rust stabilization. I didnt want any over spray (beyond where the mat covers).

thelews:
Duplicolor semi-gloss black engine enamel.  Great stuff, easy to use.  As always, prep is everything.  Used it to refinish my 190 SL engine bay which is the same finish level as my 113 trunk.

KevinC:
Keep in mind that the factory interior trunk color was DB 164 "Tief Dunkelgrau" (Very Dark Gray). I would compare it to the color of charcoal.

From the Tech Manual....

Kofferraum innen: Tiefdunkelgrau, DB 164   Trunk inside: 164 dark grey

Heckdeckel innen: Tiefdunkelgrau, DB 164   Trunk lid, inside: 164 dark grey

Radkasten: Wagenfarbe UT   Wheel wells: body color

Schweller: matt schwarz DB 169   Rocker panels/Sills: flat black 169

Bumper innen: weissgrau DB 158   Inside of bumpers: white grey 158. Apparently RUST-OLEUM Painters Touch Ultra Cover 2x Almond Gloss is a good match in color and affords more rust protection (see http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=10791.0)

https://www.sl113.org/wiki/DataCard/PaintCodes

Try googling Mercedes Touch up Paint Code 164 or 7164

kampala:
Sure looks like Palmbeach has directly lifted info from our site (sl113.org) including photos - seems odd they can do this?   Did the board allow this?

I'm not the IP police for our site - but this info on Palmbeach looks a lot like sl113's info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version