W113 Pagoda SL Group > W11x chassis cars

220seb W111 lower dash cover

(1/3) > >>

perry113:
I am preparing to install new lower dash covers (2 piece) purchased from Vintage Euro on my 1963 220seb.
I am curious if anyone on the forum could furnish some good reference photos of the longer cover.
Note this would be on an early 220seb or possibly a 250se with no AC .
I believe the lower panel needs to be bent.
This car did not have original cover so I have no reference.
Want to verify if it fastens under or overlaps the lower leather portions of the dash.
Any pictures or information is immensely appreciated.

PeterPortugal:
Hi Peter,
I was in exactly the same position last year. I thought the trim was fitted into those "flaps" which can be seen in your pictures. Doing this seemed to line up the holes in the trim for other items bolted under the dash. I am not at home so I can't give you a photo - sorry. Hope this helps.
Regards
Peter

wwheeler:
Hey Peter,

I installed those on my '68 W111 and can get some pics. The front edge does indeed slide under the tabs just below the lower dash pad in you picture. I think the firewall side screws in. But let me get some pictures and not replay on my foggy memory.

wwheeler:
Peter, see pics of mine. The under panels should have (2) built in "L" brackets that then screw to the firewall. I already had the screw holes in the firewall that lined up perfectly with the panels I bought from World. Mine is a '68 280SE, so no telling if it was changed some. The tabs that hold the upper panel look to be in a slightly different position. Either way I hope it helps.

Wallace

PeterPortugal:
Thanks for sharing Wallace. Mine new panel never came with the little L shaped brackets and I shall look into that. As I don't use the car yet it doesn't matter but the panel does slip down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version