W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Front fenders for restoration

(1/2) > >>

IanC:
I am having my 250 SL restored and am looking for some body parts, including both front fenders and the front nose panel. The original parts are very pricey and Bud's Benz can supply either original or reproduction parts. I gather there can be issues with the fit on reproduction parts. I have also looked at Vintage Euro Parts and the pricing is quite attractive but these again are reproduction parts. I am wondering about other member's experience with these suppliers and parts, or other sources for these parts.

dirkbalter:
Even though I love the original MB parts and I have used a lot, I didn’t want to pay the extreme price for their fenders. I bought replacement front fenders from SLS (repro). I made the mistake to buy them with the headlight buckets already welded in. I had to re-fit the headlight buckets within the fender. The fender itself was a great fit with extra material depending on where you cut the old one.

(Since you are in Canada, I think you want to talk to Dan Carol aka BenzDR. I believe he supplies sheet metal from K&K.)

Dirk 

Anthony:
The reproduction front fenders are perfect replica's to the original, you should rest assured that they will have the same fit as the genuine part.

sandcrab59:
ASK JA17 for the fellow in Mich (I forgot his name) who makes repos. I understend he has quality parts.
Tom

Jack Jones:
The shop in Michigan is K&K Manufacturing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version