W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Bare Metal Respray in UK

(1/3) > >>

Gormanston:
Hi, can anyone recommend a good place to get a bare metal respray for mu 1967 250SL please?

JamesL:
Hello and welcome

Pics of your car are required, obviously!

Is it prepped? Have a chat with Colin Ferns (has done mine)? If it's just a spray job, there must be any number of places you could go... I know folk who've had good experience with Chesterton Coachworks

Gormanston:
Hi, the car has been repainted at least twice. It has signs of filler and has some nice rust spiders in a number of places. The car is never likely to be sold so would like have it done properly, hence wanting a bare metal job. I’m not looking for it to be a show car, as want to still use it, but want it to be as good or better than it left the factory.

JamesL:
If there's paint on it, there'll be rust under it somewhere!

And getting that priced is like asking how long is a piece of string.

GeeMerc:
Hi

My belief for a bare metal respray it would be best to acid dip the car.   I know some are not keen on that approach.  Where I had it done, it was a two tank procedure one for paint removal and one for rust removal followed by a rust preventative procedure.  Since the car is dipped the rust is removed from areas that cannot be reached by other techniques.   Have attached photos of car after the dipping process.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version