W113 Pagoda SL Group > Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes

Total mileage/kilometers to expect on your engine

(1/6) > >>

ja17:
For our interest and information, please tell us how many miles or kilometers are on your pagoda engine and what major repairs or rebuild were needed? Also please tell if the maintenance over the years was good, poor, mixed or unknown. You might also mention if the repairs were preventative or needed.

badali:
1966 230SL.  When I bought it there were 56298 miles and the car had sat since the 1980s  I currently have over 68000 miles.  The engine has an oil leak at the front crank seal that needs replaced but the car runs great.  No major engine repairs were done since the car still had original hose clamps I would assume the engine has not been removed from the car.  I adjusted the valves and that is about all it needed.  Maintenance history is unknown.

AGT:
Also a 1966 230SL.

130,000 miles with regular and well documented maintenance.

No major engine repairs.

Car runs really well. Tick, tick...

MikeSimon:
1970(71) 280SL. Total 165,000 km. Lost con-rod bearing at 155,000 due to water in oil. Partial rebuild. Found out later that pistons are oversized too. No record of that work that was performed by a PO. Rebuilding head right now. Ball studs worn.

gimp:
I have a 1968 280SL Bought the car in 1972 with 100000Km on it.
At present it has 172000Km. From 1972 on the oil and filter was changed yearly.
The power steering, transmission oil/filter, differential oil, brake fluid and antifreeze changed every 4 years.
Replaced the fan clutch, rad hoses in 1976.
Lets hope by writing this I did not jinks it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version