W113 Pagoda SL Group > Events

Shipping to PagodaFest from Ontario

<< < (2/3) > >>

Garry:
Stephen,

That price is almost the same as me shipping mine from Australia to LA.

You may like to consider joining a group of fellow Pagodaites that are working on trucking their vehicle from Virginia to SanDiego and back.  I am hoping to get mine on to that truck.  I don’t know how many yet they have but believe there is at least four or five at this point. I am not sure anymore who is actually doing something about this.

Garry

Hugh:
Stephen, that is a hefty charge to ship to San Diego. Doesn't make sense it as much as it costs Garry to send his car to LA from Australia!

To avoid brokerage fees, you should see the cost from Buffalo? I have found the transport brokers post your car and the independent haulers bid on your car. I found it fair for the 2 US cars I have bought in the past. I never have them cross the border, as the fee too high for something I can easily do. The broker takes a fee for arranging things. You have to find a major city that has a high volume of cars in/out.

Dr. Dan suggested Port Huron, I tried that city last March but I couldn't get a decent bid, as it is a low volume area. I was going to get a bid from Detroit (suspect a good spot for volume?), but decided at the last minute to drive my car the whole way from Ohio & skip the transport. After buying my 250SL, 1st time driving it & it did the 5 hour drive like a champ. After it took $5,000 to safety it, so glad my car performed. But as we know that amount is a LOF in our cars... ha ha

Garry:
This was the company that we used from Maine to SanDiego CA.  Reliable and on time but are expensive.

Garry

Iconic:

--- Quote from: ianwhitew on October 05, 2021, 15:35:12 ---Have you found a service that can help you with transportation?

--- End quote ---
ianwhitew,
Nice first post, but you are responding to a post from 2019 that is no longer really relevant.
Good luck to you and "enjoy the ride".
Mark

BeSonyata:
Coordinating with others in Ontario who might be interested in shipping their Pagoda down for the event is a brilliant idea. It could potentially lead to a better rate if you can get more cars together. If anyone reading this is interested, be sure to reach out to coordinate and discuss the details. And remember, your return plans are flexible, so you have some options to decide whether your car spends the winter there or returns after a few weeks.

For anyone with questions or interest in shipping their Pagoda, you can also explore the services offered by Cross Country Car Shipping. They have a website, crosscountrycarshipping.com, where you can find more information and assistance for your car shipping needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version