W113 Pagoda SL Group > Events

Shipping to PagodaFest from Ontario

(1/3) > >>

Steve.k:
Hello all,

I've registered for PagodaFest and am planning to get my 280SL down there for the event.  I'm planning to ship it down from Ontario Canada and I've gotten a couple of quotes.  The best I've gotten so far is from TFX International which specializes in cross border vehicle transportation.  They ship a lot of cars for snowbirds so they're accustomed to this sort of thing. 

I asked them if they could provide a better rate if we can get any more for the trip and they said it depends on how many, when the return is, etc..  So if there's anyone else in Ontario Canada that's interested in shipping their Pagoda down for the event, please get back to me to coordinate.  My return plans aren't finalized as of yet.  It may spend the winter down there, or it may return after a few weeks.

Let me know if there's any interest or any questions.

Benz Dr.:
I would also look into driving your car to Port Huron MI and having it shipped from there. It may be that it's not more from Ontario but I would ask anyway. I live right on the border so everything is fairly close. Cars could be picked up here as well.

Steve.k:
Good idea, I'll look into it

Hugh:
Stephen, I am going to Pagodafest too. Just 1 week & thought for that short of a trip I would just rent a car. Not perfect, but thought shipping would be silly $ for such a short visit. What does it cost? Thx Hugh

Steve.k:
I got a couple quotes and the lowest was from TFX for about $2,800 -  One way.   That includes the brokerage fees, customs clearance etc.   
I'm planning to attend PagodaFest and then leave it with Motoring Investments to do an engine bay detailing over the winter. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version