W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Rubber Sleeve for Breather and Water pipe

(1/4) > >>

RobSirg:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a shorter version of the protective rubber sleeve covering the breather tube and water pipe in the engine bay. I previously purchased this item with a 'rib' in (see photo's) so you could trim it down to the length you needed, however, the main suppliers these days seem to only sell it in the longer length without the rib.

Any information of where I can source the shorter version, or the version with the rib? (as shown attached).

Thanks in advance

Rob

mrfatboy:
I have read on this forum that only the long version is available.  Maybe that has changed and someone will chime in.

Otherwise, people cut it while leaving a little extra and rolling it back on itself to simulate the rib.

UJJ:
I am in need of this part as well.
How do you roll it back, it is pretty rigid?
Urban

mrfatboy:
I replaced mine last year. My car required the long version so I didn't have to do the "roll back".

I was concerned also about getting the rubber sleeve over both pipes without breaking/ripping it.  It is durable and has much more "give" in it than I thought.

When researching how to do it I read on this forum that a couple of guys did the "roll back" method for their later cars. I don't think they gave specific instructions other than what I already stated.

I used McGuire's Hot Tire Spray as a lubricant to slide the sleeve on.

RobSirg:
It rolls back easy enough - it’s what l have done now but doesn’t look at all good. Not something l can accept.

I have one option l am trying to avoid - swap the one that is on one of my earlier cars over and hope it doesn’t break in the process.

The one you see in the photo was taken off an old set of pipes - but it was so rigid it broke apart ( not seen in photo).

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version