W113 Pagoda SL Group > Events

Getting together with other local Pagoda owners.

(1/7) > >>

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎:
Last fall Hugh R. (jahugh), Joined our Group as a Full Member, I meet Hugh during a local car show last summer. We organized to meet him along with Dan C (Benz Dr.), during the late summer last year. Hugh lives only a little more then a  Mile away from where I live. In December last year Hugh agreed to take over my duties as Membership Director for the Americas. He is now in full swing mailing out Welcoming Packages (consisting of a Welcoming Letter from our President a Issue of our renown Pagoda World Magazine and 2 sl113.org Group Logo Windshield Stickers to New Full Members that join our Group in the Americas).

Earlier this month I thought it would be nice to introduce Hugh to Peter J. (pj), Since both have similar cars (Peter got his 230 SL around 2009 and his car is undergoing a full restoration right now and should be back on the road in May this year. Hugh got his 250 SL last year and has a lot of questions, some of them I’m sure can be resolved by getting to know Peter. So I send both an e-mail introducing the two Gentleman to one another. Peter then suggested to get together for lunch. We also invited Dan and after rescheduling our lunch once we managed to get together today at a local Dinner Restaurant. Naturally we talked about cars, past get togethers at local car shows and the planned get together that Dan is planning to hold this fall (third week in August at the Benz Barn. We also talked about getting together at upcoming events here in the London, Ontario are of Southern Ontario Canada.

Peter took a selfie of us before we departed until our next get together. Perhaps we an add a few more Pagoda owners to our group for future get together. If you read this and live within 100 KM or so of London, Ontario drop us a line, we love to meet you and your car.

Dieter

The attached Photo, left to right;

Hugh ——— Dieter
Peter ——— Dan

Steve.k:
Hi guys.  I'm out in Oshawa and would love to meet up sometime depending on my schedule and location.  Keep me in mind if you organize something.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎:
Hi Steve,

Something is planned by the third week of August at the Benz Barn. Keep an eye out once details have been worked out. So far 8 members (including yourself) have expressed an interest to attend. We discussed this briefly over lunch last month.

Dieter

Tomnistuff:
Good evening Dieter.

I hope that I am one of the eight members already on the list planning to be there.  I'm sitting here on the South bank of the St-Laurence freezing my butt and surrounded by so much snow, I can barely get out of my driveway.  I would like to volunteer to arrive early to help in the setting up of the event if Dan decides to really do it and can tolerate another old guy who is willing to follow orders.

I will certainly keep scanning the Events in anticipation of finding Benz Barn news.

I might even manage to get to one of the local get togethers.

Tom Kizer

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎:
Hi Tom,

And then there are 10 of us, I am sure the list will be growing once Dan has worked out the details. I added your name to the list of interested participants. As you can see with Dan C. and Joe A.together representing close to 80 years of Pagoda Experiances it should be quite an event that I am sure others would like to attend. I know you also bring a whealth of Pagoda experience along. Look for Details of the planned Event Dan will post it once he worked out the Details.

Tom, I know all about the Qeubec winters, I’ve lived in Montreal, Quebec 1957 to 1979 until my job took me out West to Edmonton, ALberta at similar cold temperatures. I well remember the snow sturm in the 70’s that shut all of Montreal down for 3 days. Edmonton and further north temperatures ranged up to the -40’s one of the reasons I retired in Southwestern Ontario. :)

Best Regards,

Dieter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clan II interested Members;

John K. Avon, OH. USA (johnk)
Stephen K. Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (Steve.k)
Garry M. Victoria, Kyneton, Australia (Garry)
Joe A. Blacklick, OH. USA (ja17)
Marcus, Ontario, Canada (Jordan)
Dieter S. London, Ontario, Canada (Rolf-Dieter)
Frank Hanwell, New Brunswick, Canada (gimp)
Peter J. London, Ontario Canada (pj)
Tom K. Levis, Quebec Canada (Tomnistuff)
Baron Y. Downers Grove IL USA (BaeonYoungman)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS. I will add names for interested individuals to the above list until such time as Dan C. has a chance to post the official thread under our   Events Forum area.

Edit, Added Baron Y and John k.

Edit 04242019 adjusted list of indeviduals to 10, locked topic and added link to Dan’s official link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version