W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Any use CalChrome to plate Hubcaps

(1/2) > >>

johnk:
I need to refinish my hub caps to match the rest of the car. Calchrome in california quated me $250 per wheel to have the dents and scratches fixed and them rechromed. Has anyone used them before for this? I am going to get a local quote as well.

Thanks

John K

scoot:
You are talking about full wheel covers, not dog dish, right?

Iconic:
John,
As you probably know, steel wheel covers that require chrome are very rare (although I do have a set on my car  ::)). Most have been the subject of curb rash and subsequent rusting.
I do not know Calchrome, but the price is the same I paid approximately for chroming.
Are you sure you don't have the stainless steel wheel covers?
For those you just have them cleaned up, the curb rash repaired, and polish them. This process is much less expensive than re-chroming.
Have fun painting them.  :-\

johnk:
They are the full hub caps and are magnetic with the green paint on the back so it appears they are not the stainless ones.

I will be checking with a local chrome shop as well so I hopefully don’t have ship them back and forth between Ohio and California.

Glad to know 250 is a comparative price

Thanks gents

Iconic:

--- Quote from: johnk on January 17, 2019, 17:31:40 ---They are the full hub caps and are magnetic with the green paint on the back so it appears they are not the stainless ones.

--- End quote ---
Yep, many of those have rusted away. That's great you have a set !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version