W113 Pagoda SL Group > Electrical and Instruments

Under dash wiring loom routing

(1/2) > >>

Minerva:
Hi,
Could do with a bit of help regarding the routing of the wiring loom along the inside of the dash. I'm ok from fuse box to the connectors for the cluster and steering column, I'm fairly sure that there's a bendable wiring tang screwed to the underside of the dash beside the braket for the two connectors listed above, I know where the cluster of earths bolt to(just beside the ignition switch, but not sure whether the loom runs high, as in above the heater controls or low as in under the radio, or whether it runs back near the heater box or out near the front of the dash. I've searched fairly exhaustivly across the forum and the technical manual but cant just get the views i need. Yes I've taken nearly 2000 photos of the rebuild but of course not the exact views!
Any help with pictures of descriptions would be great.
Keith.

Pawel66:
I know it is not a lot of help, but you may take a look here:
https://www.sl113.org/wiki/Electrical/Rheostat

I do not have anything better at hand...

Minerva:
Thanks pawel, hadn't seen thst one but had come across this one,
https://www.sl113.org/wiki/Electrical/FlasherRelay
that helped a bit, what I could do with is a picture inside the dash (that shows the loom) with the radio panel removed.
Keith.

114015:

Thanks a lot Keith...,
Now I understand what you are asking for.  :)

Well, the wiring harness ...
most of the part inside the passenger compartment is located around the inside of the fuse box...; so, around the steering column so to speak.

Therefore, what you already see on the pic you are referring to (that's Alfred's former 66andblue car...  ;) ) is the most prominent section of the inside wiring harness.

The only "stuff" that goes accross the dashboard is the loom that feeds the cigarette lighter, the illumination for the heater levers, the clock and blower motor & switch, the  glove box light and finally the right hand side door contact switch. So, a rather slim arm/branch of the whole wiring harness.
And that one goes just behind (the visible part of) the dashboard, behind/under the radio ... just behind the lower visible chrome strip.
I think to remember there are clamps for sure... So what is visible on Alfred's pic is already part of the loom that goes to the right hand side of the dashboard.

Yes, I do have pictures about this when I disassembled my car 7 years ago ... but it's no longer on my computer ... have to dig deep for this.

Hope it still helps a bit.  ;)

All best & good luck!

Achim

Minerva:
Thanks again Achim I'll route it loosely to see what you think.
Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version