W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

My hartop need a new painting. A different color ?

(1/2) > >>

FredToms:
Hello all
My hardtop need a new painting. I'm thinking of repainting it in a different color than the white 050 color of the car. I hesitate between the classic black (I don't know the exact code) and a grey colour.
Do you have  ideas for a nice combination ? Any photos ? The dashboard  is white and the seats are black.
Thanks a lot

ejboyd5:
If I were to do it, I would at least stay with a painting option that was commonly offered by the factory which in your case could have been black to match the interior.  Although it might have been technically possible to have the factory paint the hardtop gray, or any other color for which you would be willing to pay, I would be very cautious before adding a third discordant color such as gray into your mix. Stick with white or black.  If you go with black, you can then wrestle with the possibility of two color wheel covers as well, but that is a topic for another day. 

wayne R:
I agree with ejboyd5,  similiar to my 65, but with burgundy red  MB tex--117.
and the PV owner had the top and wheels and hub caps done same met burgundy.
regards.

Paul & Dolly:
Hi Fred

My hardtop and wheeltrims are black, Car is 050 white.
Dark blue Hardtop is also a nice combination

Paul

FredToms:
Hello Ejboyd5, Wayne, Paul and Dolly,
Many thanks for your replies.
Could anyone tell me what were the hardtop color options that the factory offered for a 050 white color car with blacks seats ? Only white or black ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version