W113 Pagoda SL Group > Wanted To Buy

Heater Core Needed

(1/1)

johnk:
Looking for 280sl heater core in any condition as long as it is repairable if needed.

Thanks
John K

wayne R:
Hi there John k, just in case it may help, over the years, i have replaced older heater cores,
mainly because of leakage,and require repair or replace, i have never did this to  a Pagoda  SL,
but a good source for a lot of old  classics is GM, Cadillac, Buick,mid 80s to 90s, yes i know its not stock, but alot of
heater cores are hard to replace because of access,especially if the car has A\C, so it is good to get
a heater core a little smaller in size ,still solid copper,then  shape or form the inlet and outlets
to the size required and use  sealer foam around the core to support it, always easyer to replace later.
The photo is a evaporater from a Porsche 911, but gives you the idea.

ja17:
Hi John,

Pete Lesler had one for sale not long ago.

UJJ:
Gernold Nisius (SL Tech, Arundel ME.) has rebuild ones. I bought mine from him. He also can repair most of them.

johnk:
Thanks for the input gents.

I started to panic when I saw replfacement heater cores as high as $2,300. I took it to a larger radiator shop yesterday and they called me today. It just needed a new o-ring in the valve. Fixed in one day for $75!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version