W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

New sill query on adding additional inspection, drainage and anti corrosion hole

(1/2) > >>

swood1:
Hi all,

I am about to replace one of my sills with a sill repair section.  Prior to doing this I was thinking it may make some to add a drainage hole and some inspection/corrosion access holes.

With regards the drainage hole I assume it makes most sense to add this to the rear of the sill.  What are other peoples thoughts on this?

With regards the inspection/corrosion assess holes I was thinking one hole at both the front and the rear in the ends of the sill and also a couple along the outer panel of the sill as these would be covered by the sill outer covering.  Would be interested in hearing what others have done on this. 

Regards

Steven

Tom in seattle:
Steven, I'm pretty sure mine has drain holes about mid door.  May not be original, but they are there.

Benz Dr.:
Original sills have a small drain hole at the front and rear on the flat horizontal section about 25mm in from the ends.

swood1:
Thanks for this, I have marked up my new sills for drilling. Shall do it this weekend.

Steve

Shvegel:
I have not done it yet but want to add inspection holes at the ends of the top under the carpet.  My sills were replaced and my car was dipped in E-coat primer and I want to be sure the insides were fully coated. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version