W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

Securing Side Vent Levers on Their Pivots

(1/2) > >>

Pawel66:
I wanted to enquire: what kind of securing should be used to secure that the side vent levers (those in far corners of the dashboard, under the vents) sit in place on their pivots? I tried seger rings there - but after a couple of movements I hear a loud "ping" and the seger ring is gone (driver's side).

The part is not shown in the EPC. I can only guess from the part list what it is, but I am not sure. Should it be a seger ring and I just have to find a size that fits better, or it is an other type of securing?

Replacing this piece is a bit troublesome, so I wanted to do it once for good.

mbzse:

--- Quote from: Pawel66 ---.../...what kind of securing should be used to secure that the side vent levers (those in far corners of the dashboard, under the vents) sit in place on their pivots?.../...
--- End quote ---
This one?

Pawel66:
Yes, thank you!

So you have a seger ring there. Then I would just need to find one that holds... I tried two already...

Pawel66:
Hans, I do not want to bother you when it is not necessary, but you may just remember: perhaps it is easier to get to that lever and its pivot from under dash? Is there a relatively easy way of removing the black plastic duct from underneath, rather than getting there to the lever and pivot by removing the chrome plate?

I would look underneath anyway, but then I may not see something, e.g. a screw that you can undo by removing the chrome plate...

I saw a reference to removal of this duct from underneath to remove the chrome plate easier, but it talked about "knocking out" some screw, which to me smells like possibility of damaging something, knowing my skills... So I hoped for your voice.

mbzse:

--- Quote from: Pawel66 ---.../... easier to get to that lever and its pivot from under dash? Is there a relatively easy way of removing the black plastic duct from underneath.../...
--- End quote ---
Yes, you remove the plastic air duct from beneath in order to refurbish it. Change the foam rubber seals at this time, too. Duct is mounted with two screws as seen in the attached pic, plus a third screw top front (as pointed out by Matti).
Photo is view from passenger footwell looking upwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version