W113 Pagoda SL Group > Events

Getting to San Diego in Oct 2019

(1/35) > >>

Garry:

I am in the process of planning to attend the 2019 Pagoda gathering in San Diego in October next year. I am also bringing my car. Its a bucket list thing. ;D
m

At this point I have got my shipping of the vehicle from Melbourne Australia to LA arranged and also the registration requirements of driving a foreign car in the USA/Canada. I still need to arrange the insurances and a mountain of other details.  Once the car is in LA, the fun begins.

From landing the car in LA, the plan is for my wife and I to go have a bit of a drive around the USA and Canada. We plan to drive up the west coast to Vancouver, across the Rockies to Winnipeg, mosey on down to Columbus Ohio (for a vehicle service with Joe JA17) via Chicago then back up to Detroit and across to Quebec, down through Maine to Philadelphia and then on down to Virginia.  At this point I am hoping to put the vehicle on a road transport with others coming from the Virginia[size=78%] area across to San Diego.[/size]

Plan is to arrive in LA at the beginning of July, at least catchup with Dr Benz if he has a gathering in August and to meet up with as many others that are on the general route.

What I am looking for at this point is suggestions on the “must see” or “must attend car shows” that may be on around that time. I have visited most of the places when I was living in the USA and.I am going to be very flexible on route and timing other than ending up in Virginia to catch the transport across to San Diego for the October weekend Pagoda gathering then back to LA and ship the car home.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Garry

JamesL:
Awesome

That's one very big bucket you must keep your list in!

pj:
Garry, what a great trip that will be! No matter when you come through Ontario-Michigan-Ohio, we will organize a welcome for you.

BTW, I know things in Australia are upside down compared to North America, but your drive to Vancouver will take you up the west coast, not the east :-)

Garry:
Peter,

I was thinking it is east of me and upside down as well. ;D ;D ;D
 Geographically embarrassed

JamesL:
But it IS the east coast of the Pacific ocean and you will be driving the coast road.  ;)

(Jealous, in London)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version