W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

1967 250 SL - hub cap paint stencil

(1/7) > >>

zak:
Hello All,
I have finally gotten around to repainting my chipped up full dish (280 SL style) hubcaps.
I bought the plastic center stencil a few months back from Authentic Classics in NY- $45 bucks.

We got to fit the stencil on the hub cap and its too small in diameter by about 1/4 inch so the outside ring doesn't cover the outside ring of the chrome embossed star in the center.
I am waiting for a response from Authentic but I thought I would post here. Odd thing.

Are there 2 sizes of center hub cap stars? Early 2 pc and later one piece ???

It's interesting to find that my small star stencil fits the chrome star on the trunk lid though. Can you purchase a stencil for the trunk star also ?   

Murphy's Law strikes again.

best,
jz

mbzse:

--- Quote from: zak ---.../...Are there 2 sizes of center hub cap stars? Early 2 pc and later one piece ?.../...
--- End quote ---
Yes, certainly, it is so. For the cars of the sixties. Earlier there were even more sizes for various models of M-B cars.

Tyler S:
There are 2 versions sold at Auth Classics. 230-250 version and 280 version. Maybe you purchased the 230-250 version?

https://www.authenticclassics.com/Painting-Stencil-for-Hub-Cap-For-Mercedes-190SL-p/auth-007749.htm

https://www.authenticclassics.com/Painting-Stecil-for-Wheel-Cover-for-280SL-p/auth-007750.htm

zak:
Yes Tyler, I got the beige colored stencil for 190/230/250 SL's.
The 280 SL stencil is shown as black plastic.

Idiot me didn't differentiate. I stupidly told them 1967 250 SL forgetting I had later hub caps.

Mystery solved and I am the fool.

Thanks, Tyler.

jz

Garry:
The Pagoda Group has several sets of stencils available for Full Members.  If Authentic Classics done come through with an exchange, then you should put your name down on the list.  Search and you will find where the list is at the moment...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version