W113 Pagoda SL Group > W11x chassis cars

help needed removing trigger points for injectors in lower distributor (M116 )

<< < (2/4) > >>

stickandrudderman:
The front of my timing light has a lot of scars from getting too close to the belts but it is possible to see the marks without removing them, especially if you do as Dan says and use a paint pen to highlight the marks you are looking for.
You cannot damage anything fitting the strobe.

rutger kohler:
Ok I'll give that a go, but just to be absolutely sure what do i cannect the strobe light to plse?

Benz Dr.:
Hook positive ( red ) clip to 12 volts and negative ( black ) to ground. If you have an inductive pick up put that around number one spark plug wire. Number one is at the front right corner of the engine as seen from driving position.
Some timing lights have an on off switch that you might have to move into position. Once strobe light starts point it at your pointer on the front of your running engine and see where your timing marks are. I like somewhere around 9-10 degrees BTDC to get all the power from that 4.5   This is more advanced than your specs will tell you but it won't hurt anything assuming it's a USA engine which is pretty low compression anyway.

Shvegel:
I have avoided D-jet injection like an ex girlfriend but if memory serves the injectors are fired 3 at a time?  That is a huge stumble so unless it is filling on it's face the points are probably fine.

Benz Dr.:
They fire in pairs but not sequentially. D jet works well as long as all of the parts are in good shape but then that holds true for any system. People look at our cars and say they're too hard to work on but it's always about understanding what you're working on. It's very hard to fix anything if you don't know how it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version