(1/3) > >>

cfm65@me.com:
Hi Guys,
Has anyone tried this before?
Regards
Chris

cfm65@me.com:
Come on Guys,
Don't be shy or embarrassed. I think it is a great option vs used Getrags and used T5 boxes.
The E Type guys have fitted them with great success. Zillions of these boxes are available, new and used in various ratios.
I am sure it has been done in Australia and NZ.
The ones I have looked at are small, compact and light, with the shifter in the correct position, loose bell, mechanical speedo drive and a rear rubber mounting. Best of all, you can buy NEW ones, over the counter at the local Auto Zone at half the price of the popular retro fits mentioned above.
Regards
Chris

Garry:
Chris,

I suspect the lack of answer to your Supra gearbox question is that the more valuable these vehicles become, the less likely non standard conversions are to occur and quite potentially the more likely is it that such a conversion would actually be removed from the car. A conversion like that is probably a great way to reduce the value of the Pagoda!!! :P

Shvegel:
Garry,
That's where I'm at.  Have almost the entire Getrag swap but probably won't install it.   If I am not mistaked the Getrag transmission is also used as a high performance upgrade for the Getrag.  I would guess the Getrag is stronger. 

Garry:
I installed a Getrag in my old 280SL that was data carded with a 5 speed but missing it.  It was a great gearbox out of an M5 but when ZF started to produce the 250 new gearboxes I ordered one and got it.  At that point I decided that I would make the change to a 230SL that I preferred and sold the car and the spare new ZF box with it for later fitting.
I think it was a great box with relatively short sharp throws much more so than the ZF. I believe it was a beefed up version for the BMW M series cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version