Author Topic: Right hand drive brake booster  (Read 2410 times)

greeny

Right hand drive brake booster
« on: October 14, 2017, 17:36:34 »
Hello. This is my first post.Iit concerns a failed brake booster on my 1970 280sl. In the UK there is no rebuilder of these as they are specifically non clevis fork linkage, having a ball end instead, which pushes into a linkage lever. My question is whether it is possible to fit a left hand drive booster mounting with the clevis fork fitment for such and then use a booster with a fork. It appears that the rhd mounting is shorter perhaps due to lack of space for the booster with master cylinder attached. I believe I can obtain the lhd mounting with lever and remanufactured lhd boosters are readily available. I would be most grateful for any advice.   Regards Chris

stickandrudderman

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Richmond
    • http://www.colinferns.com
Re: Right hand drive brake booster
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:26:26 »
It is possible to rebuild your RHD booster but expensive.
Contact me for details.

Raffles84

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 20:01:31 »
Hi , I am currently re building my 230sl and looking to have the brake servo re built and detailed! I see you might be able to help here??

Many thanks

greeny

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 17:27:25 »
Many thanks to stick and rudder man for rebuilding servo. Now fitted and working perfectly. Highly recommended

balimatharu

• Senior
  • United Kingdom, England, Coventry
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 08:31:57 »
Just wondering if you managed to resolve the brake booster issue. I managed to slightly modified a new LH booster, which fitted well into my 250sl.

Bali