Author Topic: Dansk Sunvisors?  (Read 2050 times)

DaveinOC

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Anaheim
Dansk Sunvisors?
« on: January 22, 2018, 15:02:23 »
I am just about done with my latest refresh of my 230SL. I was going to replace the MB-Tex strip along the top of the windshield behind the sunvisors but chickened out when it appears that I just about have to take the windshield out to get the top chrome garnish strip off due to my prolific use of silicone about 25 years ago.

Unfortunately I don't think I can put up with the original sunvisors any longer - they've succumbed to the dreaded "puffy" disease and the seams are finally splitting. I see that mrfatboy somehow found some Dansk repros for about $110 each last year:

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=26445.msg189305#msg189305

That's about half the going rate. Anyone have a guess as to the vendor? The best I can see on ebay is about $200 per, plus shipping. I know we have limits on what can be posted regarding vendor offerings but if I am making a query does it pass muster to ask for help?

BTW just a general note of thanks to all the regulars. I have spent the past 6 months "refreshing" my 230SL and I can't tell you how many times I have consulted posts and pictures for help to get it as right as possible. Thanks again to everyone who posts, especially photos!
1966 230SL

mrfatboy

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, Rancho Santa Fe
    • Mrfatboy
Re: Dansk Sunvisors?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 16:30:14 »
Yes,  I scored an incredible deal on my Dansk sunvisors.  I actually tried last month to buy another set "just to have".

I purchased them through the vendor's website as before.  A day later,  I got an email saying that they were on back order. A couple of weeks went by and I sent an email checking on the status that went unanswered.  2 weeks later I sent another email that went unanswered. 

I was then about to call the vendor (in London ) to find out what was going on when I've opened my monthly visa bill to see I actually got credited back the $110 the day after I actually bought them.

When I went to the website the sunvisors could no longer be found. 😖

I guess I should be lucky I got my first pair.

1969 280sl (Aug 1968 build)
Signal Red
4 Speed

DaveinOC

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Anaheim
Re: Dansk Sunvisors?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 17:41:09 »
LOL thanks that kind of makes sense. I managed to break a sunvisor on my wife's Lexus ES350 and it was about $125 so $200 for a  Pagoda isn't really unreasonable, I just thought I'd love to get them for half that!
1966 230SL