W113 Pagoda SL Group > Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes

Taking apart Constant Speed Solenoid (CSS, Lift Magnet)

(1/6) > >>

mnahon:
I'm wondering if anyone here has taken apart a constant speed solenoid (CSS), also known as 'lift magnet'?

I have a CSS that half-works. When energized, it starts to extend, but then binds. My impression is that the shaft may be bent, so I'd like to take the CSS apart. However, there's no obvious way to do this. I was wondering if someone here has done this before and could give me some guidance. I could post pictures of where I'm at if anyone figures they have an idea.

Thanks,

stickandrudderman:
Disassembly is possible but re-assembly is not!

Pawel66:

--- Quote from: stickandrudderman on January 08, 2018, 13:17:15 ---Disassembly is possible but re-assembly is not!

--- End quote ---

Sounds very, very familar to me on a lot of fronts...

Cees Klumper:
New these seem to list at over EUR 1,000 - but in Niemoiller's catalog it appears to refer to these as 'rebuildable' meaning you  have to pay them EUR 1,000 as well as return your old unit. I recall a long time ago a discussion on here where someone may have reported having succeeded in rebuilding one, but I am not sure.

TheEngineer:
See my post Dec. 23, 2016
I disassembled it, repaired it and it has worked since
Attached see pic of disassembled solenoid. There is a brass washer for a stop and I replaced it with a thicker one. Works fine now - no stickum. Current draw before modification 1.02 amp, after installing thicker washer 1.03 amp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version