W113 Pagoda SL Group > Electrical and Instruments

no electric power

(1/2) > >>

bogie:
Hi guys,
 got a question , i restored a 230 California and was running good. but this week i replaced the starter from the car. after the instalment i got no electric power at all in the complete car not even one light. i checked the fuses but they are all ok. anyone that can help me with a suggestion what could be wrong?
 Thanks a lot

Jonny B:
All sorts of possibilities. How about the grounding cable, that can lead to all sorts of gremlins.

bogie:
no before i rebuild my starter the car was running fine ....so all electric should be fine ...am puzzled becos i dont get any power on the fusebox as well...so the only thing i can think of is a disconnection is the cable of the pos side from the battery ???

Pawel66:
Do you have voltage on battery? You might have made a short that killed it.

If yes, the voltage is there, check after battery - between ground and e.g. starter cable or fuse No. 1.

If no voltage - check the  battery connectors (sometimes they crack when you screw them too tight). Check the ground - the main one goes from battery terminal to the left wheel arch, right next to the battery. Check the positive - please note the car is getting power from starter connector, not from battery connector. Have you hooked up all the wires hanging around the starter properly? The supply goes from starter, through alternator and lights switch. If you missed the connection at the starter, you do not have power.

If you say EVERYTHING is dead - by this time you will probably spot it.

ja17:
Make sure you connected both the large wires to the starter. Sounds like you left the main feed to the car unhooked. The other large wire runs from main starter lug to the terminal block on the oil pan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version