W113 Pagoda SL Group > Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items

I rolled my pagoda last night...

(1/56) > >>

johnk:
And I couldn't be more excited!

The under body is very solid and it will be so much easier to work on now. Hope to have it blasted/stripped and primed in two weeks. Spend the summer sorting and cleaning parts for coating, finish paint this late fall, and spend two years putting it all back together again..... I hope!

kampala:
Alright, I will admit - You made me look.   Glad to see it was a good kind of "rolled"

Keep sending updates.   Looks like you got the space for this major undertaking.   

Enjoy and best of luck,

johnk:
Thanks Oz.

Yes my brother tore down and rebuilt in his back yard a 1865 slate-roofed barn so we could restore cars when we get close to retirement like we did when we were in school. He stocked it with all of the used tools we could need over the years. My wife is happy because the mess is in his barn rather than our garage.

IXLR8:
Hi-

I'm no expert on this, but is there a risk of bending the structure of the body with this type of roller?

Many times I've seen pictures of cars on the roller with a brace fitted/welded across the top of the door opening to maintain dimension.

the other Joe

johnk:
Hi Other Joe,

Good question. I asked the same question of this site. Given that I am not doing any panel or structure replacement it was suggested that the door support jacks were not needed because the chassis is so light. I've had no problem so far but I must admit I was a bit nervous at first.

JohnK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version