Author Topic: All Members are invited to the Pagoda Rallye in Poland - August 2017  (Read 10482 times)

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
Our Pagoda Chapter is organising a Pagoda Rallye in August 2017.

This will be held along a larger event involving vintage car display and will take place in Wroclaw (Breslau), quite close to the German border, which is convenient as it is quite easily reachable from elsewhere in Western Europe

Have look at the attached Flyer and let us kindly know if this appeals to you. Hope to see many of you there :)
There is also a larger and more detailed brochure that I can e-mail to those that want to learn more (unfortunately it exceeds the capacity for posting here)

Kindly register your interest with Artur or myself.

Needles to say that places are not unlimited, so first come, first served.... or better put: "the early bird catches the worm"  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:50:53 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum

To encourage your interest, have a look at the video taken on the Classics Day at the Mercedes Station last summer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4dJbT3lnI

Our Pagodas are shown in the second part
Enjoy!
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Howard Long

• Regular
  • USA, GA, Woodstock, Georgia
Dear Stan,

I understand from Tom M. that you are a pilot also.  I wondered if you fly for a commercial air line and if you were still active.  I retired from Delta Air Lines about 15 years ago and my 71 Pagoda is my retirement job.  I have it on a rotisserie in my basement.

I saw your info on the Pagoda Rally in Wroclaw in August and was considering coming.  How big a group of Pagodas do you expect?  Do you expect many visitors from the states?

Howard

Artur

• Senior
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warszawa
Here is another encouragement... ;-)
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GIjV27kSqD8
Artur
280SL, 1970, US model, moss green metallic
280SL, 1971, light green metallic
220SEb, 1962, US model, white
500SL, 1992, EURO model, black metallic

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Artur,

Thanks for sharing the fine link to the video, saw it before, always nice to see it again.

Dieter

--------------------------

Stan,

Promises to be a fine event, perhaps I'll drop by next year :) this year I'm attending the Mosel Tour July 7th to 9th and PUB in September.

Have a great event! Best,

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Flyair

• Platinum
Dear Howard,
Indeed, at this point I have a frozen ATPL. However I had some issues with my eyes, which caused my pilot activities to stop. I am still tempted, but....

We are expecting between 22 and 25 Pagodas in an event that will have probably more than 150 vintage cars altogether. We have arranged with the event directors that we will have separate, exclusively Pagoda related times, including at the award ceremony.

So far we have 5 Pagodas from abroad and 17 from Poland + 3 hesitating persons. We plan to host a maximum of 30 participants.

If you feel like joining... you are very welcome :)
Take care
Stan

BTW: my Pagoda spent her previous life in Georgia, before coming under my roof...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 22:29:12 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum
Hello Dieter,

Stay tuned for the next ones :)

Have a good time in Mosel. They definitely have a better wine that the Polish one ;D PUB is for you like a local must, too bad is so far away...
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum
We are fast approaching the full planned capacity in terms of participants in the 2017 Pagoda Rallye in Poland.

Besides the Polish folks, we are pleased that members from Holland, Czech Republic (now one should say Czechia I suppose) and Germany (and possibly Finland) have confirmed their presence. 

A few more places remain, so: don't be shy: apply :)
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

pfraud

• Regular
  • France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Domazan
Hello Howard and Stan, seems that we are a small bunch of pilots driving Pagodas!
I was former jet pilot in French air Force, commercial pilot Airbus 320, and now that I am retired I still make instruction for Airbus Beijing as TRI and TRE.

Living in Provence, maybe we could meet next year for Euro Event 2018.
230 SL-White 158H-1965

Flyair

• Platinum
Bonjour,
Pagoda events are the best thing related to owning this car :)
In 2014 our Polish section organised a rallye Bordeaux-Monte Carlo, so we passed close to you place. Near Bordeaux we met Paul Bracq who became our honorary member.
You can have look at the thread that describes this trip here https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=21011.0

Moreover, on Youtube there us a video that documented this great experience that for a large part took place in Provence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7WUMwxqfV4

A bientôt sur la route au volant de nos merveilleuses machines, j'espère!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 14:09:59 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Artur

• Senior
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warszawa
Dear Pagoda friends!

Here is the link to the 2016 MotoClassic Wroclaw movie, where the 1st International Pagoda Rally will take place. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/jhOc5ZPhMl8

Artur
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:19:12 by Flyair »
Artur
280SL, 1970, US model, moss green metallic
280SL, 1971, light green metallic
220SEb, 1962, US model, white
500SL, 1992, EURO model, black metallic

Flyair

• Platinum
Pagoda Reunion in Poland - August 2017
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 21:53:43 »
Given the high level of interest shown, it seems that it will be another popular and successful event. The participation confirmations are building up quite rapidly.

If you still hesitate about joining, please be note that the deadline for confirmation AND payment of the dues is 15 May. This will guarantee you the room at the castle hotel.

For this event, participants from Holland, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden and obviously Poland have checked already in, but a very few places are still available. As it is the case for the Euro-Event in 2018, we also want to keep it manageable, with the total number of cars not exceeding 25.

So don’t be shy and shout out that you are coming!

BTW: It is still a bit too early to announce it, but we count on hosting a very prestigious guest. We should be able to confirm his presence and reveal his identity soon.
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum
I am pleased to confirm that Paul Bracq and his wife Alice have agreed to join our event.

So there will be an unique opportunity to meet the co-creator of our cherished beauties in flesh and spirit (very alive indeed!)

Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
I am pleased to confirm that Paul Bracq and his wife Alice have agreed to join our event.

So there will be an unique opportunity to meet the co-creator of our cherished beauties in flesh and spirit (very alive indeed!)

Stan, that sounds exciting, put in a good word perhaps Paul and his wife Alice can join our Euro Event in September 2018 as well. Wish him continued good health from all his followers. Tell him we are all greatful for him to have designed such a great timeless Automobile that we all cherish so much in different ways.

Best Dieter

Flyair

• Platinum
Dieter
this is exactly what I keep telling Paul since we first met in 2014, but since you put it so nicely, I will do it again.  :D

I have asked Paul to have a longer conversation in August about his souvenirs of designing Pagodas and will hope to make an interview out of it. Maybe our PW publishing house would accept it for the end year issue?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:56:19 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum
Dieter,
I am often in touch with Paul and Alice by phone and mail, so asking is not an issue. However the Euro 2018 is run by Rick & Co, so the show is theirs.
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Flyair

• Platinum
Just an update: the event is shaping up as we speak and the programme seems to be more and more interesting as new ideas pop up.

I just had a great news from Paul Bracq who underwent a 2 years-long remission battle against a throath cancer. According to the last check, it seems cured for good. I think this is very reassuring and hope that the trip to Poland will give Paul a joyful break away from all those medial issues he had to face.

Meantime, we filled all the available places and have a small waiting list. Great that members from the Czechia (x2), Germany, Holland and Sweden will join their Polish colleagues. Ah, I forgot to mention that we will have a, Englishman living in Poland with his Pagoda. So that is really international, Brexit or not :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 18:17:37 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Stan,

Nice to also have an Englishman in the group, it reminded me of the HMS Pinafore  "For he is an Englishman"

Enjoy ---> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQE3GfkrOo

I loved it when they included it in the West Wing Episode :)

Flyair

• Platinum
Dieter
I will certainly forward this link to Graham.. ;D
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA