Author Topic: Stuttgart - Mercedes Museum visit  (Read 3014 times)

kampala

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Hermosa Beach
Stuttgart - Mercedes Museum visit
« on: July 24, 2016, 18:45:01 »
I happen to be in the Alsace region of France this weekend and realized I was not too far from Stuttgart.   :D   So drove a little farther east and visited the Mercedes Museum!

I have to say, it's really really well done!  They did a fabulous job of stringing the evolution of the Brand through historical events.

You've all seen too many photos of the Pagoda at the museum but I can't help myself and am including two photos. 

There was a Pagoda parked on the "mound" in front so I've included that photo and they had a Pagoda for sale in the sales area so I've included that photo.  This one was priced at 220K Euros. 

If in the area, the museum is worth a stop.
250sl - later - manual
280sl - 1971 - Auto - LSD

Aslam

watson2

• Senior
  • Italy, Lombardy, Vigevano
Re: Stuttgart - Mercedes Museum visit
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 15:06:48 »

I have to say, it's really really well done!  They did a fabulous job of stringing the evolution of the Brand through historical events.

If in the area, the museum is worth a stop.

I agree with Kampala . The museum is really well done and amusing.

The first picture shows my 230 with the new engine without any fear to go to Germany to get a new soft top and a chrome strip on it
in the middle of the rain.
After 2 years of troubles I'm very happy about the whole car.

The second picture demonstrates that the chrome strip of the soft top is a habit that comes from ancient times :)

The third picture is taken under the engine of the 230 shown by Kampala. Ops, a little drop of oil, even in their museum.
The world is the same wherever you go... :D

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: Stuttgart - Mercedes Museum visit
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 17:28:30 »
Great place to visit, I was there in 2009 also took the factory tour near by.

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL