Author Topic: Site will be out of service 15th/16th of january  (Read 7398 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Site will be out of service 15th/16th of january
« on: January 13, 2016, 21:51:48 »
Dear members,

this friday 15th of january 2016 at around midnight CET the website will be taken into "maintenance mode" and will be converted to the new site. This will take around 24 hours. All posts, files, membership data, payments, renewals, personal messages, the Wiki and attachments should make it across intact.

Additionally, I will need to make a domain name change in order to make sl113.org point at the new site. For this to filter through to all the regions of the inter webs, may also take 24 hours. So from around saturday, midnight CET you can try to access the site again.

The site will look different, and will work better on iPads, tablets, and mobile phones. However the functionality should be similar. Some menu's will be in different places, but you'll find them quick enough. Requests for cosmetic changes will not be entertained (after all, we are trying to get back to a more standard site). If things are really broken, do let me know but provide sufficient detail (URL and a screen shot) to allow me to fix it.

You have another few days to enjoy the look and feel of the "old" sl113.org site, that you have been accustomed to for the last 8 years…. onwards and upwards!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
Re: Site will be out of service 15th/16th of january
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 14:25:08 »
Dear members,

you will have noticed that the site is back up.

Currently payments for new members and renewals are disabled, as the PayPal interface needs some fixing.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Jowe

• Silver
  • Sweden, Västra Götaland, Gothenburg
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 15:33:48 »
Looks great! Very well done.  :D
Johan
04/1964 230SL, European, manual 4-sp, power steering, 050/050 white, black leather, Blaupunkt (SOLD)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 16:56:59 »
Currently payments for new members and renewals are disabled, as the PayPal interface needs some fixing.

This has now been fixed and re-enabled. If you do renew and join, please check that all your details have been updated accordingly (including your new expiry date). If it has not worked correctly, please mail admin@sl113.org immediately!

Peter

JimVillers

• Gold
  • USA, VA, Virginia Beach
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 19:47:14 »
Peter  .... Great job updating the site.  It looks slick, clean and beautiful.

Thanks.
Jim Villers
190SL, 230SL 5-Speed, MGB 5-Speed, MGB GT V8 RHD (real MG), 2016 SLK

ghenne

• Senior
  • Canada, ON, Toronto
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 19:57:16 »
Great job!