Author Topic: trying to renew membership..screen wiped, wrong address offered by PayPal screen  (Read 9448 times)

hands_aus

• Platinum
  • Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
I get to the screen that allows me to choose PayPal or a different method.
This screen offers my name at the wrong address and tries to force me to log into PayPal to correct it.

I don't know where the address comes from that PayPal uses but I think it has to come from this site as I am doing this while logged in here so is it possible that this site is sending the wrong information.
My profile information is correct.

after I choose a different card (I have a Travellers debit card (September 2015 trip to the USA.. USD on it)) a small window opens over the top of some text which (i assume is for the debit card details) wipes the screen under it and there is no way I can proceed with renewing my membership.

If I renew the screen i go through the same process and the same thing happens.

Please review this so I can renew my membership.
thanks
Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL #114, auto, ps , 717,717
best of the best

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Something has changed in the PayPal interface. The address supplied is indeed supplied by our system. If it appears with the wrong address, are certain fields correct but just in the wrong area?

I have not yet gotten through to inspecting the differences in the PayPal interface as I am working flat out trying to get a new website up and running. However, you should be able to renew without correcting your mailing address in PayPal

Just go ahead and try it. Otherwise just bear with us, in about 2 or three weeks time I will have gotten round to fixing it (possibly on the new site).

Our membership system gives you around 6 weeks of leniency after membership expiry, so you can just wait.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

hands_aus

• Platinum
  • Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
Thanks for the reply.

I tried again this morning and after making choices I used the travel debit card with USD on it and paid my subscription.

I clicked on the 'login to PayPal' link and chose the 'pay with card' option on that page.
It allowed me to supply the correct postal address information.

Previously I had tried to use the 'different bank' window that popped up.

Thanks for your help
Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL #114, auto, ps , 717,717
best of the best

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Peter Just for your information two (2) New USA Memberships and several renewal memberships for Full Members renewing there memberships have come thru on my my e-mail account .... seams to be no problem there.

DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL