Author Topic: Prestige Autotrim feedback/thoughts  (Read 3786 times)

swood1

• Senior
  • United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Prestige Autotrim feedback/thoughts
« on: November 07, 2016, 14:07:33 »
Hi all,

Looking to retrim my whole car.  I am UK based.  Does anyone have any experience of Prestige Autotrim?  They are also UK based but on searching the forum I cannot see any history for retrimming whole interiors. 

Their feedback/communication has been great but this is a large amount of money to spend so want to make sure I spend it sensibly.

Regards

Steven
250 SL (early), in bits. Triumph TR4a

farmerdave

Re: Prestige Autotrim feedback/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 20:38:49 »
Hi I have the interea of my 230  pagoda at
Autotrime  in Liverpool at the moment
They seem OK came recommended.
Not finished yet .

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 13:09:41 »
Hello Steven,

While I don't know that particular shop,
I would never go ahead anymore  and ordering such a huge project (new interior) from a shop that I don't know of.  :( :o :-[ :-\ :'(
You need to have someone who already did his interior there, and >>you<< need to see (and judge) these results.
Some people claim "they're great" but actually, they are not (more) in your personal view.
It's your car, your money and what you expect from/and for yourself.

Many shops claim they can do it really good, but actually, they cannot. A particular shop does need to now the specifics - and the little differences of Pagoda interiors. And they need to know that pretty damned well, not just a little bit... :o

At any UK-based Pagoda get-togethers go and look at the cars and their interiors you like most, talk to the owners and then decide.

I would today never-ever again working with a shop where I do not know what their results are - and knowing means here _I_ have to see the results, not a vague recommendation by someone else - somewhere in the nowhere on the internet ...

There are a one thousand possibilities to make it incorrect.y but only one way to do it correctly.
 ???

Just my 2 cents

Achim
(paid a lot on interior bits - but just not enough :o )
Achim
(Germany)

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 16:04:58 »
Love my interior and it was done by O'Keeffe coachtrimming in Warlingham, Surrey before I bought the car. Drewtee knows his work too

I also had the pleasure of seeing a lovely red interior at Colin Ferns place a few months back. I don't think Colin does it himself :P
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

gordon

• Senior
  • United Kingdom, England, Burntwood
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 16:48:46 »
Steven, Aldridge trimming in Wolverhampton have numerous cars in for trimming at any one time. Definitely worth an unannounced visit. I have seen 113 sl in there
Best wishes. (I have no connection with them)

swood1

• Senior
  • United Kingdom, England, Worcester
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 11:12:24 »
Oh my,

Some more trimmers and more things to ponder.  Thanks for replies.  I shall first try to get some viewings of some cars.  I already work within automotive interior trim industry, problem is I work on new cars and not classics but I know generally what to look for etc. although never heard of Aldridge trimming and they arent far away so could be worth a visit.

Ta

Steve

250 SL (early), in bits. Triumph TR4a

stickandrudderman

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Richmond
    • http://www.colinferns.com
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 12:59:24 »
As has been said, you need to find a trimmer that knows the DETAILS of a pagoda.
I've lost count of the number of times I've had to return a car to the trimmers because they haven't done what I've instructed them to do.
We buy in kits from KHM,  fit the detail bits ourselves and then give the basic stuff to the trimmers to do.
So, James Lester was only half right!