W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

Look Familiar ??????

(1/1)

A Dalton:
ZOOOOOM in on this frontal shot and tell me if you see a strikingly familiar nose design....
 With those wings in the grill and the hood bubble ,  it sure comes close ............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2493982585&category=6315#ebayphotohosting

Malc:
what's the old saying...

something to do with "imitation" and "flattery"

Malc

Cees Klumper:
I see some Ferrari in the lower corner sections of this front as well. From the side, that Honda convertible comes to mind. I think this is a very 'busy' design with all those angles, flares etc.
Having said all that, in real life the new SLK all in all looks pretty good to my taste.

Cees Klumper in Amsterdam
'69 white 280 SL automatic

hauser:
There are certain elements of the new slk that I don't really care for.  What I call the "needle nose" and buldge as one continuous line.  If you take a look at this car with the roof in place reminds me of an Audi TT.  The rear quarter panel looks very similar to the Lexus SC430.  I miss the two hood buldges of the out going model along with its open grill design.  

This new slk may just be what the doctor ordered but I think I'll stay with my Pagoda. :D

1969 280sl 5 spd        1999 ML320          Gainesville,Fl.

Ben:
Yeah I dont much care for this McLaren Mercedes F1 style nose.

The broad open grill of the recent sports Mercs, SLK,CLK and SL is far more appealing and more reminiscent of the Pagoda !

I sure hope they dont adapt this front to the others in the range ! I may have to jump camp if they do............or keep my CLK !

Regards,
Ben in Ireland.
'64 230SL 4sp.
'03 CLK Kompressor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version