Author Topic: Thank you to all at PUB a note from my wife  (Read 6645 times)

BaronYoungman

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Joliet
  • Veronica...
Thank you to all at PUB a note from my wife
« on: September 15, 2015, 15:40:55 »
Some of you might know that it was my wife Ariana and my 3 year anniversary on Sunday.  When we got home yesterday (another 380miles no issues) she posted this on Facebook to all of her friends.  I cannot tell everyone how everyone exceeded my wild expectations and how though the W113 community kindness my family will make this a reoccurring event.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!

"First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone for their sweet anniversary messages. This year we spent our anniversary doing something that Bob has wanted to do since we started dating but life always got in the way.

Every two years Pagoda University Blacklick occurs. PUB, is an event in Blacklick, OH for a group of individuals from all over the world who all have the same passion for the Mercedes-Benz Pagoda, the W113. This group is one that is alive all year round through message boards, e-mail and phone but mostly everyone knows each other by their screen names.

What a cool event, when we'd first arrived and were walking around, men would walk up to us, introduce themselves and immediately Bob and whomever it was would look at each others name tag and instantly recognize the screen name and shake hands or hug fondly as if they'd known each other for years. Almost everyone we talked to remembered the flood and commended Bob and his mechanics for how great the car looked and ran. Amazed that it was recovered.

By the end of the 3 days, we'd made lasting friendships with people from all over the US, Canada, Australia and even Sweden. Tre, although the only kid there was welcomed and loved. Bob was able to spend quality time with "Veronica" his beautiful Pagoda, the farthest he's ever driven her and it was so important to him to include us in his passion by having us attend with him.

Most people would say, "well that's not really an anniversary celebration", and I'm telling you all of this because I disagree. We had a perfect anniversary and I'll tell you why. One of the most important aspects of marriage to me is embracing and supporting your spouse in their passions, hobbies and what makes them smile, and I felt incredibly special that Bob wanted to include me in that. I wasn't there on the sideline, I was there speaking the lingo, and Bob would affectionately mention how great I was at the body work. Just as Bob made new friends, I made new friends. I wasn't just another wife, I was part of the group.

Happy Anniversary Bobby. I love you more than you will ever know and I'm here by your side and will attend PUB with you as long as you'll have me. To another year! I'm proud to be your wife and was so happy to stand by your side this weekend."
Bob "Baron" Youngman
1971 280 SL silver  1 car 0 boxes
1983 500sec Wheeler Dealer AMG Widebody
1985 500sec Paris Autoshow AMG coupe
1994 320sl wifes car
1988 560sec  Japan "Yakuza Car"

mmizesko

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Gold
  • USA, OH, New Albany
Re: Thank you to all at PUB a note from my wife
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 15:46:19 »
Wow Bob,  Ariana is something else.  Brought a tear to my eyes.  Keep her happy.

What a pleasure to meet her and your son Tre.  Mark the date, because he may be organizing a PUB down the road as a future owner, and he'll have to remember the year of his first PUB.

So glad you made it.  This group is kind of like family, and it's great to see when someone else notices.

Mike Mizesko
Columbus, OH
1970 280SL 291H Dark Olive

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 18:21:24 »
Nice Bob--it was a pleasure to meet the family!
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Jowe

• Silver
  • Sweden, Västra Götaland, Gothenburg
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 18:58:36 »
Thank's Bob and Ari for the friendship and hospitality during the drive back to Chicago. It was a real joy! Take care.

Johan
Johan
04/1964 230SL, European, manual 4-sp, power steering, 050/050 white, black leather, Blaupunkt (SOLD)

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 21:19:53 »
Hi Bob, Ariana and Tre,

I loved meeting all three of you at my first PUB.  Ariana, Tre stole my heart when, as Bob was telling me something (Tre made me forget what), you walked up with Tre in your arms and he said to Bob as Bob was talking to me, "Nah, Nah, Nah -- Nah, Nah, Nah."  I thought, "Well, Bob, now I know what Tre thinks of what you are telling me."

I suspect that Tre will become a very productive member of the group, since he already seems to have an opinion about everything.

Happy Anniversary!

Tom Kizer

Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)