Author Topic: Pagoda Spotting during the Gelderse Vallei Rit  (Read 5383 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Pagoda Spotting during the Gelderse Vallei Rit
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:53:11 »
Yesterday (11th of April 2015) I participated as navigator in the Gelderse Vallei Rit, a rally for classic and young timer cars. This one day event is known for its very tough navigation exercises. As a service to our members I decided to show some of Pagoda's that participated. If they are members here, I shall indicate that. I have the names of all the participants… but will not disclose them here.

I'm also showing photographs of some other noteworthy cars. Note that these photographs were taken on a gravel road which was particularly unfriendly for pristine cars. Later in the day it started to rain, and a number of dirt and unpaved roads were also in the correct route. Photographs are copyright of http://www.autopics.nl. I kindly request you not to redistribute or repost these. I couldn't take these photographs myself as I was pretty busy.

This is your webmaster (on the left) in a slightly sideways Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT, 1964. I've probably got my head down plotting the next instruction.

A Dutch Eugene Böhringer recreation, based on a 1970 280SL. This car is owned by member pagoda rob.

Friends of ours own this wonderful 1960 Porsche 365 B. He had some problems, to be resolved before the Tulpenrallye. We are also using this rally as a shakedown test for the Tulpenrally which will take place from the 10th-16th of May 2015.

A Pagoda I spotted underway, driving to the rally start, earlier today, and which I posted #sl113 on Instagram. It is a 1963 230 SL.  As far as I can tell he's not a member here.

Again a 230 SL, this one from 1966. As far as I can tell he's not a member here.

A different rally car, just because it is special. Who can list the obvious non-standard modification?

Long term rally friends of mine, with a beautiful 1968 280SL. You will have seen photographs of this Pagoda in earlier posts of mine. They used to be members here, but let their membership lapse.

Another special, especially for my American friends: a 1961 Chevrolet Corvette C1.

And the final Pagoda, a 1965 230 SL.  As far as I can tell he's not a member here.

Thanks for sticking with this long message… I'll try and find contact details for these people and see if I can invite them here!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: Pagoda Spotting during the Gelderse Vallei Rit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 15:46:01 »
Someone trimmed the wheelarches off that DS
Still a very cool car though!
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: Pagoda Spotting during the Gelderse Vallei Rit
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:18:53 »
Nice to see some Pagodas being 'properly' used.

naj
68 280SL

Richard116e

Re: Pagoda Spotting on the bbc iplayer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 17:08:12 »

For those that can access the bbc- iplayer there is a pagoda on a program filmed in London.  Let me know if you want to know which program via  a PM..................not sure I would like  to be picked out on a TV program or may be the owner would like the fame.... not that this program is bad or anything