Off Topic > Other cars

A $235K VW bus !

(1/4) > >>

66andBlue:
http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/05/autos/vw-bus-auction/
With only 6400 miles the price could be justified. Or not?

Garry:
I have seen an early restored one sell for $200k USD fairly recently.  Both the ‘splitty’ model with the split screen and the ‘bay window’ round single windscreen prices have been skyrocketing like Pagodas recently. Maybe even more so.

My ‘74 Bay camper is a great fun unit to drive.  Last year I took it on a 12,000 km trip over to the west and northern Australia.  Next year I am taking it for another 12,000 km trip this time to the north eastern tip then into the center of Australia and south back home. Takes about 2 - 3 months, only doing a maximum of 200km in any one day, stopping camping for days at a time along the coast and always allowing for it to break down somewhere and taking a few days to get fixed :o

I have also been looking for another Single Cab utility/pickup but they are hard to find and I have not had much success over the past year of looking.

Its funny seeing them in the shed side by side.  Two very opposite German marques.

Garry

JamesL:
Your definition of shed and mine are a tad different Garry

Garry:
Thats funny James,

Had not thought of that but now you mention it your average shed is in the garden, my shed, also in the garden has four car bays, own power, 2Kw feed in solar system on the roof, its own water supply from a 20,000 litre water tank collecting from the roof and measures 7 metres (25ft) by 12 metres (40ft). Havent put the car hoist in yet but already it is not big enough :o

I have another garage for the modern cars.

Still, a great shed.

wjsvb:
Wow: a Bay Window with a 'roo bar!  Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version