Author Topic: Come fly with me .....  (Read 5865 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Come fly with me .....
« on: December 02, 2014, 21:19:31 »
....... do hold on and share it with your friends when done. Most of all enjoy the butiful sights. How many places do you recognize that you have been? Think about it and leave a comment. Enjoy!!! .... Rolf-Dieter

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KcuDdPo0WZk
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
Re: Come fly with me .....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 22:55:47 »
Nice! The two only places I haven't been to is the view with the airboats which I believe is in Louisiana, and the top of the snowy mountain, though I crossed to Rocky Mountains several times. And I've been to all the other places whether with my Pagoda, or with my W111 Coupe!

I've even been to a place which sadly doesn't exist anymore in the first view, which is the top of the Twin Towers.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 23:21:10 »
Pretty much the same here Gael, strange when one sees this how memories come back. Having lived 27 years in Alberta I've crossed the Rockies countless of times on my way to Vancouver, BC etc. Each time I did I discovered new places. I even took the road Banff to Jasper, AB several times over the years it became evedent what impact global warming has on the ice field that is visible from the road and you can actually take a trip on the ice field with special vehicles.

Gael, did you notice the clip about Route 66 once the video was finished? ... also very interesting.

I came across this on line magazine I like to ask any of our Members from the Nederland [that may look into this thread] or any one here if a similar English Mercedes Benz on line magazine is available? Thanks in advance.

http://zilverster.mbvc.nl/2014/06_nozoom/#1

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 16:28:45 »
RD,

the Zilverster is the magazine of the Dutch MB Group. There is no English version available. Mercedes-Benz has their Classic Magazine (http://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/lifestyle/classic-magazine/) that all members of a European official classic Mercedes Benz club get delivered to their home address, either in German or in English. I'm not sure if you guys in Canada or the US also get it.

You can get a subscription and most of the content is accessible through the link I've provided. In addition there are videos (check out the one of the 300SL running up the mountain).

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 17:15:15 »
Thanks Peter!

In my years driving BMW's I became a member and used the BMW Roundel Magazine. When I came across yours I was just wondering if Mercedes-Benz had a similar one here in North America or an English version for that matter. I am a Member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America, we do get the STAR Magazine, I was just thinking what kind of saving it would be to also have MB offer this magazine on line rather then producing it hard copy and mailing it out to it's membership. Perhaps they are working on it. Thanks again for the information!

The Roundel [preview only] full access to members---> https://www.bmwcca.org/roundel_mag
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 17:21:42 by Rolf-Dieter »

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 20:28:34 »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA