Author Topic: Bringing 64 230SL back to life - Need help with the journey. (iterative thread)  (Read 17173 times)

glenn

Is the FIP rack free to turn the pistons?   5 mm(?) screw in the rack-after taking the cap off...............

jf308

YES.  IP was re-worked.    This latest issue is definitely the fuel pump at the rear of the car near fuel tank.

jf308

Success!!  ANOTHER SL BACK ON THE ROAD.

Needed a new fuel pump (in addition to the reworked IP and new gas tank).  That was the source of the intermittent issue (will clean and re-work the old fuel pump removed from the car as well as the original Injection Pump when I have time.  Will save it for a spare or put them up for sale.

Definitely the right decision to purchase new stuff (versus deal with cleaning up on the fly).  Was dying to get her back on the road after a 15 year storage.

Car now runs and drives great. Took a 10 mile spin and really enjoyed it.

Many thanks to those on the forum who helped me get familiar with these wonderful cars and assisted in getting this back on the road.  Special thanks to JA17 (Joe Alexander) for all his guidance.

Very much enjoying the experience.

Best regards to all, John

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
John,

I am hoping to paint my hubcaps using the Groups stencil in the next week or two. 

When I am done, would you like to be the next in line to use the Clubs stencil for your Hub Caps? I will post it on to you, then the only responsibility you have is to post it on to the next user.

Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Benzo

Nice job jf308! thanks for the great thread. I learned a lot just from reading it.

jf308

Absolutely. Thank you.

Please email me when you are ready.  jdfeeney31@gmail.com

Regards, John