Author Topic: Beautiful Autumn Day  (Read 4395 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Beautiful Autumn Day
« on: November 01, 2014, 14:45:28 »
Today was a wonderful autumn day - 1 november - for a drive. The car won't be going into hibernation yet as we'll be doing the Tour de Gazet rally at the end of november. If only I could make sure the weather would be the same…

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
Re: Beautiful Autumn Day
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 15:55:21 »
You're lucky with the weather. Here in DC it looks like it's going to snow. Heavy dark gray sky, cold... I hope it will improve for tomorrow's gathering at Tom's place.

Beautiful color is your car, though it looks a bit lighter than on other pictures you posted?

Peter h

• Silver
  • Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz, Enkirch
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 16:53:07 »
nice car, nice weather. I also take a ride today, maybe the last one. In 2 weeks we travel to Florida, better weather but without my Pagodas.............
Peter
08.68 280sl automatic white 717 G  blue MB Tex
09.68 280sl  4-speed, now 5-speed Getrag 180 G dark green MB Tex

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 07:47:35 »
GGR, I took this photograph with a different camera (a Fujifilm X20 with film mode in Velvia setting, as opposed to my usual Canon DSLR). Second, the sun is behind the car, hence the bonnet appears lighter...

Well spotted!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 21:48:31 »
The weatherman was good to us today and after raking 8 bags of leaves I took our Golden Retriever Charlene (Charlie) to the dog park. Stopped by Western University of Ontario and took a couple of photographs. I could not resist to take the car out one more time, we never know what tomorrow might bring (snow rrrrrrrrr wet and cold). The drive all around 25 KM was okay with the heater on and ambient temperature at 10C (feels like 7C).
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL