Author Topic: Sag harbor ny  (Read 6442 times)

peterm

Sag harbor ny
« on: August 10, 2014, 21:52:16 »
Ok here for a long weekend (sag harbor can be considered part of the hamptons in ny) and I'm up to 4 pagodas.  Three white or creme two with white hubcaps one with black.  The two whites with white were differentiated as one left and one right hand drive.   Also saw a dark green.  We won't discuss the unrelenting appearance of 458 spiders, or California coupes and spiders.   A new 911 is like a Taurus down her w and saw my first new targa live

It must be nice to be rich and famous

peterm

Re: Sag harbor ny
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 14:13:27 »
Add one more tobacco brown parked across the street from muse this am. That's 5 in 3 days and not a car show!

peterm

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 00:56:18 »
2 more out there this am  Horizon blue and Arabian gray both in Bridgehampton

This must be a record - and good that there is a demand for our cars!

Anyone in the forum out east this past weekend??

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:14:53 »
That's pretty impressive. However, in the town where I live I know of 5 Pagoda's within a 2 mile radius. And I know all the owners… 2 of us rally our cars, one of us actually races it: that is a completely stripped out 230SL with manual gearbox and a roll cage. One is in similar state to mine (i.e. ok but nowhere near concours) and one is a trailer queen.

In fact, at 200 yards from my house someone owns a SL300 Gullwing. We don't talk to him, he never drives it.

We never get together all of us at the same time.

And still, occasionally I spot unknown Pagoda's driving in our area. Yesterday I saw an off-white with a red hardtop drive towards me but as I was incognito in my normal car, couldn't make contact with him.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter h

• Silver
  • Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz, Enkirch
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 13:02:29 »
Mosel valley Hunsrück mountains
today a blue pagoda is driven in the rain past our hotel. I think it was from the UK.
Peter
08.68 280sl automatic white 717 G  blue MB Tex
09.68 280sl  4-speed, now 5-speed Getrag 180 G dark green MB Tex

Douglas

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 03:00:39 »
Peter,

There are a few unofficial cars out there on the East End. One of them is the Pagoda SL. Another is the W111 Cabriolet, but those are getting so pricey that I suspect even those are being driven less. Take a drive and go even further east. So are you in your Pagoda?

peterm

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 15:41:31 »
The pagoda stayed home-  we were out on a long weekend and I could not effectively predict weather or parking to make that idea comfortable!  I saw so many new 911's Im almost embarrassed to own one as well.  Perhaps I need a home out there since im so demographically correct-  Its a shame Billy Joel's shack sold recently I could have picked that up (pending the Megamillion lottery results tonight)