Author Topic: Driving from Sion in Switzerland to Split in Croatia.  (Read 4155 times)

stickandrudderman

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Richmond
    • http://www.colinferns.com
Driving from Sion in Switzerland to Split in Croatia.
« on: June 07, 2014, 15:33:41 »
My wife and I will be driving to our place in Split from Lake Geneva in a few weeks (sadly not in a pagoda but a 124) and I'm looking for inspiration as to which route to take.
I'm not keen on visiting any more churches (I've got AFC syndrome) and my wife has no interest in anything car related.
So, has anyone got any suggestions?
Last time we did this we stopped at Lake Como in Italy, Kobarid in Slovenia and Rijeka in Croatia which we thoroughly enjoyed but would like to avoid repetition.
The ferry to Split from Ancona is a possibility although the cabins are extremely basic.
Lake Como does of course offer the chance to fly a floatplane.............
I'm sick of looking at tripadvisor!

Flyair

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
Re: Driving from Sion in Switzerland to Split in Croatia.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:02 »
Stick

At least for Slovenia I would recommend a stay in Piran, the ambiance is somewhat laid back and the character of the place very italian. Gigantic lobsters and great experience in street restaurants on the sea front in the evening.

Pity it's not your Pagoda as many of the places would be an ideal photo scenes. Do not forget to take some of them regardless of the car!

Have a good ride

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:23:34 by Flyair »
Stan
1971 280SL
2011 SL550 AMG
2011 GL
2015 GLA

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:48:05 »
Stick,

Is your's a cab? If so I guess that's why you asked about whether a RHD was what I was after. Didn't realise you had one of them as well.

Separately, gigantic lobsters sounds scary. I'd give that place a wide berth! Even small ones can bite.
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:30:18 »
You have the Stelvio Pass, kind of on the way.