Author Topic: Interior carpeting and seat covers  (Read 1814 times)

Bob G

Interior carpeting and seat covers
« on: October 08, 2013, 18:06:18 »
I  am sorry for asking so many questions. I  just know that the seat covers changed several times through production of the Pagoda.
I think my pleats were perforated in 1968? I  know  as a Concours Judged I have seen many different reproduction interiors. When I was young I really did not pay attention to my dads 280SL. I  never expected I would buy the car. I think what I am trying to get at is what is correct for my year?
I am concerned that I get the right carpeting and carpeted floor masts that snap in place. When the car left my family it been 20 years . My dad was not then in his right mine and who knows what  he did . I know when I got the 280SL I could tell he was penny pinching repairs and would use what ever worked with out the concern for authenticity . I  was judging a Palo Verdes one year and one of our dis members Tom Colet
when as far as bring back a Varta tar top  battery back from Germany. Even the driver's floor mat had the star log  and correct numbers. that to me is a person who pays attention to detail. this was a if I cold get some photos and information it would greatly help me. I don't want to bring my car to a rush mill and have regrets  after once it is done that is it.
This is why I need some help with what a 1968 interior looked like new in MB tex. I hope those of you will under stand this and be of assistance.
Greatly appreciative
Bob Geco