Author Topic: 2012 Deutsche Classic Car Show - Fleetwood, PA  (Read 5491 times)

280SE Guy

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, PA, Birdsboro
    • some pics
2012 Deutsche Classic Car Show - Fleetwood, PA
« on: July 15, 2012, 14:57:53 »
We went to the Deutsche Classic car show on Saturday July 14, 2012. When I woke up at 4 in the morning it was raining . . . drats. Kept checking the weather radar and following the tracks of the rain until about 8:00 when the rain stopped. The gates opened at 8:00 for the entrants. At 8:00 I shaved, showered, and loaded up the car for the trip to Fleetwood leaving the house around 9:15. After I got out of my area the roads were fairly dry. Michael Salemi would have been proud if not shocked :o to see that Anthracite was venturing out in those conditions.

Many people had ear to ear grins on their faces as they came upon Anthracite. I had many nice conversations with the people that showed an interest in her. The judges came by with a scurry around 11:30 as there were more cars there this year than last I believe. About 1:30 2 judges came back to have another look. under the car they went on their bellies. Can we look inside of the car they asked as they got up from the ground. I said "sure lets look in the front drivers side" as I opened the drivers door. They said "oh ya, show us the best area of the inside" to which I replied, "no its the most used area of the inside so that should give you a good idea of her interior condition."

As the 2 judges were leaving they asked if I had won here before, I said yes, last year "Best of Show", to which they replied "OK thanks that's all we needed" as they walked off.

Trophies were announced around 3:00 and we walked away with the Mercedes Benz 1st Place trophy.

All in all a very fun day in Fleetwood, PA

Regards,

280SE Guy

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 15:15:27 by 280SE Guy »
1971 280SE, 6 Cyl MFI, Anthracite Grey with Grey MB Tex

badali

• Platinum
  • USA, Pa, Butler
  • 1966 230SL
Re: 2012 Deutsche Classic Car Show - Fleetwood, PA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 21:23:57 »
Check for your turn signal lamp.  I think the put it on your trophy... ;D 8)  Very nice Bob.   Come to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix on Saturday and Sunday.  I'll be there both days.  I do have the bad luck of rain when I bring my 230 SL out but you could come even without the car just to see the show.  It is always a big event...
Brad

1961 220 Sb
1966 230 SL
2019 E 450 4 Matic
2022 GLC 300 4 Matic

m300cab

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • USA, Pennington New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 18:42:23 »
Congratulations Bob.
Michael Parlato

280SE Guy

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, PA, Birdsboro
    • some pics
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 18:57:39 »
Congratulations Bob.

Thanks Mike,

It's been awhile since we last met and talked, it was good seeing you at the event. I really had a good time talking to you and all of the people that showed an interest in Anthracite. The smiles and grins on the peoples faces as they approached her are the best.

I need to get another shelf in the garage for the trophies as I already had to move one to another area of the garage.

I need to see your 300SE one of these days.

Regards,

Bob

1971 280SE, 6 Cyl MFI, Anthracite Grey with Grey MB Tex