Off Topic > Way Off Topic

Useful iPhone apps

(1/1)

ricrose:
Firstly I apologise for those without an iPhone - but for those who have I use 2 x free apps often that I thought I would share.

Car Dashboard
Here in Australia the public coffers are kept bulging with traffic fines for going even 2 or 3 K's over the limit. Gone are the days that we got 10% leeway! This app is superb - it turns your iPhone into a gps - measuring speed, distance travelled, heading and even altitude. There is a 1 or 2 sec lag as the gps triangulates, but it really is great for knowing your speed (accurately) and even checking your speedo (mine is a MPH, converted). The great part is that you can change between MPH and KPH or even Knots. If you want it to reflect onto your windscreen (with the phone lying on top of the dash) no problems just hit the HUD button and the whole image is reversed.

Road Trip
This app does what most of us do anyway when we first get a car - keep a log book to see what sort of milage we are getting. This one makes that much more simple. Just key in the odo reading and amount of fuel you have just put in - again you can set the units - and even $ if you want to scare yourself properly - and you are able to view the stats as a graph, MPG, L per 100 K's etc.. It's great as it doesn't take long to do and you will usually have your phone with you. There are many download functions etc that I have never used.

Have a look at the images and see what I mean.

Richard Rose

ricrose:
Sorry - here are the other images  :)

Richard Madison:
Will try both of them this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Richard M, NYC

Ulf:
GPS Speed is also great and easy to use
For those of you who wish to take vintage-looking photos of your cars, get Hipstamatic - here you can switch between lenses and types of film used in the 60's and 70's and the app will mimic those...

Ulf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version