Off Topic > Way Off Topic

How do I insulate my Garage?

(1/4) > >>

tyler123:
This is probably two questions - 1. How do I insulate and 2. What should I insulate.

It's an old, single car garage attached to my home (built in 1942). It has no heat/cool source as of right now, and I'd probably just use a portable heat source in the winter. I live in MN and want to use this space as a workshop/tool shop/man-cave type space. The garage is bare studs, concrete floors and has a large, open, uninsulated attic above it. I'm probably looking at just fiberglass batts and then sheetrocking that - walls, ceiling and call it a day. Any help on choosing which R-value and tips on installing would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably also pick up a garage door insulation kit - just for good measure...

AD REMOVED

Ulf:
I have the same issue with my garage, so I'll watch this thread closely - if you don't mind :-)
Regarding humidity, the temperature inside the garage only needs to be a few degrees higher for the moisture in the air to seek refuge elsewhere. Another important thing is keeping the temperature as consistent as possible to avoid condensation.

Ulf

Garry:
Ulf,

Look at where this is from, one post, under electrical and instruments and a cross reference to selling sheds.

Might just be spam!!!!

Ulf:
Think you're right - I'm so naive :-(

Thanks for moving this post, was about to suggest it when I got called into a meeting, then forgot all about it

Ulf

badali:
Here is how I insulated mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version