Author Topic: Ordering the ZF S 5-20 gear box  (Read 4297 times)

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Ordering the ZF S 5-20 gear box
« on: January 05, 2011, 20:50:23 »
Dear Group members and interested parties,

It is already a while ago that the ZF S 5-20  5-speed gear box was a topic here.
As most of you know, ZF (Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen, Germany) is planning to reissue the 5-speed gear box which was optional for our cars.

A lot has been written here about the pros and cons of this gear box, and its price.
This shall not be the place (or thread) now to discuss this again and again.

I was asked by Michael Lenhardt, one of the three presidents and technical advisor of the German SL Club and Detlef Hahn of Pagodentreff.de to repeat ZF's offer here for better coordination, and I have attached ZF's current flyer below.

As of yet about 160 - 170 orders for this gearbox have been placed so far.
ZF will keep this offer until end of March 2011. If 250 orders come together they will reissue this gear box and they are very eagerly planning to do so.
ZF has asked Michael Lenhardt to help and coordinate the orders for this gear box, which will - by the way - also fit into any of the other MB 6-cylinder passenger cars of the 1960ies: W108, W110 (230 fintail), W111 Coupé and sedan and W113, of course.

I am well aware that the gear box is quite expensive; however, the orders which are handled via Michael are most likely eligible for a decent discount granted by ZF. I however do not currently know how much that is, most likely 10 %, perhaps a bit more.
Please contact Michael Lenhardt via email for additional info (email address attached) or to place your order or, if you are scared of him, I will answer (easy) requests for you too or forward those to Michael. He is fluent in English.

You can either order directly from ZF (see flyer for contact info); most likely no discount will be possible,
or
via Michael Lenhardt and the German SL Club (see below)
or
via Naj Jesani here on the forum (contact Naj per PN, please) as his shop near London is the ZF representative for UK.

Finally,
I have got absolutely no affiliation with the seller (ZF).

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,

Achim
Achim
(Germany)

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: Ordering the ZF S 5-20 gear box
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 21:00:26 »
Please do not respond to this topic here. This has been done elsewhere.

This topic is for info only.

Thanx & regards

Achim
(with K4C 025 transmission)
Achim
(Germany)

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: Ordering the ZF S 5-20 gear box
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 22:11:34 »
Dear Group members and interested parties,
or
via Naj Jesani here on the forum (contact Naj per PN, please) as his shop near London is the ZF representative for UK.

Kind regards,

Achim

via Naj Jesani here on the forum (contact Naj per PN, please) as his shop near London is  one of the ZF representative for UK.

Naj
68 280SL