Off Topic > Way Off Topic

America Pickers History Channel

(1/2) > >>

hauser:
Anyone happen to see the show last night?  Did you spot the Pagoda in the background?

Via Manci:
Yes I saw it.  I sent a note to the show for info on exactly where it is located.  The RR was $35.000.00.  I wonder what the Sl was priced at.

hauser:
The seller was pretty savvy on his prices.  He kept a good watch on what items were selling for.

RedKos280SL:
I got an e-mail from an associate who had been in touch with the the producers.  I guess they found out that I've got a car collection and pretty extensive collection of antiques.  When I replied:  "It's great to have them visit you if you simply want to get your mug on t.v. & receive 30 cents on the dollar for your antiques."  Needless to say I never heard back from them, LOL.

A freind of mine in town was also contacted.  The producers wanted a COMPLETE list of what he owned, and the bottom dollar that he would accept.  After being continually pestered for a month, my friend and his son-in-law finally quit returning their calls.  According to them, all of that stuff we see on t.v. is baloney;  they work out all of the prices and items ahead of time.  "Reality T.V."...... what a shock.

mirkwood:
ha ha, yep all reality tV has very little in common with reality ( except maybe Judge Judy...) .I was watching it on TV here in OZ last night and spotted a Borgward Hansa wagon in the background while the boys were dickering over a bike frame or something. in real life i would be offering real cash for the borgy and getting it loaded up.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version