Off Topic > Way Off Topic

Cryptic Question About a Pagoda

(1/8) > >>

treedoc:
No doubt most of you have seen the actual film or at least the video clip more than once of car chase in the Steve McQueen film Bullit where Steve goes after the bad guys in his Green Shelby Mustang, it's worth watching from time to time just for the sound of a well tuned and probably big blocked Ford V8

So my question is.

When is a silver Mustang preferable to a blue 280SL Pagoda ?

Correct answer and photos will will be published here on 15-02-10

mdsalemi:
Here's an FYI from Ford Country...

1)  The car in question is a 390GT fastback, 1968 model.  Yes, that's a big block.
2)  Legend has it that the already fast Mustang could not keep up with the 440 Magnum  in the bad guy's Charger. (do the math)
3)  Thus came the mods--most likely the typical hot car mods...ported exhaust, higher compression, et al.
4)  These mods on hot Mustang are as common as Prius' in Seattle around these parts.  Every summer.  They are all hibernating now.  :(
5)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-y1VUdnQXo  Watch it for yourself.
6)  Real driving--sound effects added.  It's not the Mustang that roars like that...it's a GT40 on a Foley Board!
7)  They don't make chase scenes like they used to...

Sorry can't answer your question.  Mustang's don't do it for me.  ;)

Raymond:
I came up with a few times a Silver Mustang would be preferable to a blue Pagoda:

When you're stuck in the path of a tornado and the Pagoda is out of gas but the Mustang isn't.
When the Pagoda is in a lake and the Mustang isn't.
When you have to give one of the cars to your teenager. 
When you have to lose a car in a divorce.
When you need to show a car going off a cliff in your movie.
When you want to go unnoticed.

How'm I doin' so far?

Benz Dr.:
I was told that Steve did his own driving for that movie but I don't really know.

I had a friend who once owned one of his old motor cylcles - a black Vincent. I saw all the documention for it andv it was the real deal. He kept it in his dining room and never moved it because he wanted it to be exactly like it was when it was last used.
It was sold to a collector a few years ago.

Jordan:
When is a silver Mustang preferable to a blue 280SL Pagoda ?

When you go trail riding. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version