Author Topic: Seat Cover Suppliers  (Read 4802 times)

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Seat Cover Suppliers
« on: December 07, 2009, 16:25:46 »
I don't know if this is the correct section to post this but I am looking at replacing my vinyl seat covers and the seat cushions (the seat backs are still very firm).  One of my winter projects.  I have looked at the costs for the vinyl covers from several suppliers and noted that Buds Benz is considerably cheaper than others (such as K&K and GAHH).  I have not dealt with any of these suppliers before as I am a new Pagoda owner.  I am wondering why Buds is so much cheaper ($500 versus $700-800).  Is the quality different?  ???  I am putting this out to all you experienced Pagoda owners because I don't want my first project to be a mistake.  Thanks all for your assistance.  :-\
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

RickM

Re: Seat Cover Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 19:58:49 »
Over the years I've heard nothing but positive remarks from GAHH customers. They're also very accommodating and friendly.

Unfortunately I cannot offer any feedback on the others regarding interior items.

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 20:18:12 »
Thanks Rick.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has purchased seat covers from Buds and your experience.  Were you happy with the quality of the material?
Marcus
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 20:55:26 »
Hey Jordan. I am not sure if there is a shelf-life on experience but... I purchased my MB-tex seat covers from Miller's in 1997, I believe. They have held up really well. Cannot speak for their quality these days -- but I still consider Miller's a great vendor...Their price looks like 595 and they will probably send you a sample. Having said all this, GAHH is probably the gold standard for most upholstery items. This comes with a bit higher price.
James
63 230SL

RickM

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 21:11:11 »
Thanks Rick.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has purchased seat covers from Buds and your experience.  Were you happy with the quality of the material?
Marcus

Marcus,
I have not used GAHH....yet.
I spoke to them regarding leather interior covers for my '71. I asked if they would accept samples for matching and they replied that they encouraged the practice. They also offered to discuss over the phone. That coupled with positive comments over the years has me pretty much set on them for my leather interior needs.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:01:40 by RickM »

w113dude

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 23:10:15 »
I have had a very positive experience with GAHH as well.

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 13:55:17 »
Thanks Rick.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has purchased seat covers from Buds and your experience.  Were you happy with the quality of the material?
Marcus

Marcus,

I have a full GAHH leather interior, since 1999, and could NOT be MORE pleased.  Excellent in every way.

Bud's came and made a presentation at PUB this past July, and seemed to be earnestly eager to please.  I suspect you could request a sample of the material or even ask for references.  David (the owner) seemed like a great guy.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid