Author Topic: comfort zone  (Read 6065 times)

Iconic

• Platinum
  • USA, IL, Highland Park
  • ex-Membership Administrator
comfort zone
« on: November 06, 2009, 18:55:29 »
In case anyone is interested ...
My comfort zone is very large now with my 280 SL.
I bought the car out of a garage in February of this year. It hadn't run for years. Flatbed-ed to my house.
Last weekend I drove approximately 450 miles with no bad issues. Only good driving.
What a pleasure.
By the way. Our destination was the Gilmore Auto Museum. North of Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA.
This is a great museum for anyone interested in cars. Truly an unbelievable collection.  :)
There was a 300 SL Roadster and something like a 540 K with an intersting history about being sealed underground, with super low miles on the odometer, until it was discovered around the time of the wall coming down....
Plus many many many super rare cars. Like a 1936 V16 Cadillac where approximately 16 were made and a 1937 V16 Cadillac where approximately 19 were made (all of these numbers are from memory .. so take them with a grain of salt, but you get the idea). A collection of 6 Auburns (one of each model) from 1934 all in the same color !!! A collection of 7 Yenko Camaros, Novas, Chevelle, and Corvair...... tons more
Driving there and back were the highpoints of the trip.  ;D
Sorry for the word dump ... I gotta go.
Mark
1970 280 SL Automatic, USA version, Grey-Blue (906G/906G), Blue leather (245)
1968 SS396 Camaro Convertible (owned since 1977 -- my first car :D)
1984 Porsche Euro Carrera coupe, LSD, SlateBlueMet/Blue
1998 BMW M-Rdstr Estoril Blue
1970 280 SL Automatic, Anthracite Grey-173G, Red Interior-132 - sold