Author Topic: Mercedes Unimog repaint,  (Read 6830 times)

graphic66

Mercedes Unimog repaint,
« on: October 07, 2009, 17:24:06 »
Here are some photos of my 78' Mercedes Unimog 406 truck. It has a six cyl. 350CI Diesel om352 Mercedes engine, a 20 speed transmission, Portal axles, air actuated locking differential, 50" tires, 15,000 lb. Hyd. winch, power steering, Two 50 gallon fuel tanks and front and rear PTO. It gets incredible fuel mileage for an 11,000lb truck, about 18MPG highway. Offroad it uses less fuel than a six cyl. gas Jeep.
     It is the Worlds most capable off road vehicle. Unfortunately because of my current financial situation I must sell it. A good friend who is an expert body man has agreed to paint the truck. We painted it with PPG Tecstar Acrylic Modified Enamel with Several coats of Imron clear. This truck has absolutely no rust anywhere. The job is a huge one, sanding, sanding and more sanding. My friend is a perfectionist, the hood and doors are works of art with huge amounts of time spent prepping them.
    This truck drives like a dream on the road, you really can't believe how smooth and easy it drives. Here is a video of me driving it before the body work  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ves1mh6zlwo Offroad, it will climb a 30" vertical wall, go over huge logs, drive through deep, deep water and go just about anywhere in comfort.
    Also some after photos, we are almost done. If anyone is interested in purchasing the truck of a lifetime, let me know.

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: Mercedes Unimog repaint,
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 20:50:24 »
ever been used in the wet? :P

Seriously serious bit of kit that. Hope you find it a good home
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
Re: Mercedes Unimog repaint,
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28:22 »
I would love to have something like that one day.  I would definitely have to drive it to work  :D

How much does a work of art like that go for? 
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!