Author Topic: Website hosting moved  (Read 8780 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Website hosting moved
« on: October 27, 2010, 18:49:08 »
Dear members of the Pagoda SL Group,

You will have probably noticed that our website, http://www.sl113.org/ has been inaccessible for the last five days.

This is caused by our hosting provider apparently going out of business. Although their service had been deteriorating over the last two years, the site had been fairly stable, lulling me into a (false) sense of security.

I have just moved the site to a new hosting provider, this time a more reputable supplier that I have been using for other sites for 9 years now, and that is part of a listed European company.

I had message backups dating back to the 21st of october, and file backups from the 17th of october, meaning that all attachments posted after then will have disappeared. Everyone who renewed or started a membership between the 17th and the date of going down need not worry, I will manually apply their payments. Please check your membership history when the site goes live, and contact me if there is something amiss.

So please try visiting the site again from the 28th of october, and I hope you can get by without your Pagoda fix until then.

Should you like to see some photographs of the European Event in the mean time, I can recommend you watch the 1629 photo's here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/europeanevent2010/pool/

I was able to mail our full members, but because the databases did not become operational until now, not the regular members. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Peter van Es
President of the Pagoda SL Group
Soon to be fired webmaster
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Norm

• Silver
  • USA, TX, Wimberley
Re: Website hosting moved
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 20:14:15 »
Thank you Peter ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just part of the joys of leadership.

Please know that your efforts and expertise are very much apprecaited by people all over the world!!

Norm
Norm
1966 230SL 162H Blue-Grey
1994 Acura NSX Formula Red
2024 Acura RDX A-Spec, White Pearl
2016 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe Obsidian Black
2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Light / Dark Root Beer

Rolland

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 03:35:31 »
Peter,  Thanks for your efforts on this problem.  I'm sure it wasn't much fun dealing with things.

Rolland

Larry & Norma

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Southampton
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:54 »
Great to be back, thanks Peter :)
Larry Hall (Gnuface)
2023 Ioniq6
2005 C230
1970 280SL