Author Topic: FACTORY Tech Bulletin--3-Point Seat Belts for W113 AVAILABLE  (Read 7282 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Hi folks,

I periodically (like last night...) get inquiries on the factory tech bulletin on installing 3-point retractable seat belts in a Pagoda W113.  The file is 8 pages and in PDF form that I have is over 7MB thus too big to email.

Here is a link--GOOD FOR 10 DAYS ONLY--that you can click, download, and printout the file.

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Get.aspx?id=d044385c-a052-40c6-a97b-c4dec772fbf1

This will take you to a Transfer Big Files screen, scroll down past all the advertisements du jour, and near the bottom will be a file called Seat Belt PDF.  Click it and it will take you to the typical download screen; you can save it and or print it.

Below is an overview photo of THIS set installed according to those directions.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 14:51:26 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: FACTORY Tech Bulletin--3-Point Seat Belts for W113 AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 16:40:40 »
I've downloaded it and it will appear in the Technical Manual sometime...

Peter

1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Markp

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 18:23:33 »
Would it be possible to get a copy of the 3 point seat belt install file? I'm currently adding three point seatbelts to my euro 1968 SL and would love to have this data. It can be e-mailed to potvin@gbk.com if possible. Thanks, Mark

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 18:58:52 »
Mark,

I just tried to email it, it is 7mb and most emails won't take it.  We'll see if yours does.

It takes about 10 minutes or more to upload and when I do it I have to leave the room as the computer basically stops...
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Markp

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:28:25 »
Got it, Thanks!  Any one have recommendations for a "period correct" looking three point retractable seat belt? I just bought one from PEP products, but there's looks really modern and doesn't really look right on the 113.

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:21:37 »
Would it be possible to get a copy of the 3 point seat belt install file? I'm currently adding three point seatbelts to my euro 1968 SL and would love to have this data. It can be e-mailed to potvin@gbk.com if possible. Thanks, Mark

It's in the Technical Manual as I promised: just search for seatbelt: http://www.sl113.org/wiki/Interior/Seatbelts. No need for anyone to e-mail it.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas